PPMA Total Show 2019 will open its doors at the NEC, Birmingham, from 1 – 3 October for what will be the most comprehensive production line event in the UK.
During the three days, visitors will have access to 450 exhibitors and approximately 2,500 brands, showcasing the latest innovations in smart manufacturing, processing equipment and packaging solutions for the following sectors: food and beverage, pharmaceutical, household products and toiletries, building materials and supplies, pet care, micro-brewery and distilleries, FMCG and contract packing.
Leading players exhibiting at PPMA Total Show 2019 include: Hewlett Packard, KUKA, Mettler Toledo, Cama, Bizerba, Ishida, Ulma, Schneider Electric, Barry-Wehmiller, Bosch Packaging and Pester – to name a few.
This gathering of industry leading manufacturers will deliver the latest solutions in processing equipment and packaging machinery, with real-time demonstrations of advanced technologies and innovative solutions. Other areas of interest include artificial intelligence and the integration of vision equipment and robotics into existing production lines.
Renowned by the industry as a platform for launching new products, the 2019 show will be no exception, with multiple exhibitors announcing plans ahead of the show:
- Detectamet Detectable Products will unveil their new innovative detectable temperature digital probe (stand D01). An industry-first, this detectable thermometer minimises the risk of foreign body contamination
- IBIS Packaging Solutions (stand C92), UK distributor for the Robotize GoPal mobile robot, is launching the new GoPal 800 – a self-driving mobile robot designed for the automated transport of pallets
- Endoline Machinery (stand H120) is launching a brand new, high speed, fully automated, three-in-one erecting, packaging and sealing system
- Fortress Technology (stand B01), having already announced its recent acquisition of long-term partner Sparc Systems, will debut the Interceptor DF, its latest metal detector, which is designed to inspect high-value, low profile foods vertically and horizontally concurrently
- Smart cable manufacturer icotek (stand A36) will be showing its latest cable entry plate
- Interroll (stand G12) is introducing a modular platform, based on its Modular Conveyor Platform, for driven pallet conveyance, offering reliable and efficient pallet handling
- Multipix Imaging Components, recipient of the prestigious Vision Award, is showcasing its latest revolutionary 3D camera technology, the Photoneo MotionCam 3D (stand A85)
- Leuze Electronics (stand J70) is launching several new products, including the LCAM 408i industrial IP camera, and a new safety laser scanner, the RSL 400 PROFIsafe with PROFINET interface
- UK packaging solutions provider, Hazel 4D, has added a new void fill system to its range to help businesses use less plastic (stand C54)
The Enterprise Zone at PPMA Total Show 2019 will offer visitors a focal point for knowledge and expertise to educate and inform visitors with a free to attend, issues-led conference programme set to support business growth and development.
Featuring high-profile and respected experts from IKEA, DS Smith, The British Plastics Federation and The Sunday Times, this year’s first-class, industry-responsive conference programme will focus on some of the key issues facing modern manufacturing, including Brexit, serialisation, artificial intelligence, plastic packaging, food waste, and sustainability and the circular economy. Case studies and presentations will also give visitors real examples of best practice manufacturing and excellence in processing and packaging production, aiming to motivate and inspire visitors to improve their businesses.
Richard Little, Show Director for the PPMA Group of Associations, said: “This year’s PPMA Total Show is topical for a number of reasons. Not only will it be the biggest PPMA show in the Association’s history, it’s only taking place in the same month that the UK is scheduled to leave the European Union. As a result, it’s encouraging more businesses to think laterally about investing in new machinery and equipment to ensure they maintain a competitive edge.
“New technology, working machinery and live demonstrations are always a big draw for visitors to our shows, and this year’s Total Show will be no exception. Pre-registration is again up year-on-year, which proves that, despite the global economic slowdown, demand remains high for PPMA shows and there’s a real appetite for companies wanting to exhibit to grow their customer-base.
“The environmental agenda is also continuing to push the boundaries of our industry; particularly waste reduction and the use of plastic, so sustainability and waste reduction are topical themes for PPMA Total Show 2019. This is supported by a first-class speaker programme, with two prominent keynote presenters, who will look to impart their knowledge on the circular economy and political climate across Europe respectively.
“It’s an important time for the processing and packaging industry. We’re entering a phase where political changes are set to impact our business dealings internationally. I’m very confident, though, that this year’s PPMA Total Show will again provide visitors and exhibitors alike with new ideas, solutions and networking opportunities to help drive their businesses forward,” he added.
In addition to a rich seminar programme and thriving Enterprise Zone, PPMA Total Show will also house a full-scale model of the 135,000 bhp, rocket powered supersonic car, Bloodhound, which is aiming to break the land speed record in the next two years.
Visitors will have the opportunity to learn more about one of the most advanced aerodynamic and advanced engineering projects of the 21st century and how Bloodhound Education is inspiring a generation to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
In a bid to inspire more young people to take up a career in engineering, this year’s event will again house an education hub that will offer guidance about apprenticeships and how companies and visiting students can potentially gain access to funding through the PPMA’s charitable arm, BEST (Business, Education, Skills and Training).
PPMA Group Industry Awards 2019
The PPMA Group Industry Awards 2019 will be held at the National Conference Centre in Birmingham on the evening of the first day of the Show. Now in its eighth year, the Awards ceremony brings together more than 300 industry professionals from the world of processing and packaging machinery and recognises the finest examples of innovation, smart manufacturing and entrepreneurship.