Toluna, a leading provider of on-demand, real-time digital consumer insights, today launched PowerPack, a fully automated, do-it-yourself (“DIY”) tool that provides marketers with actionable feedback on package design concepts directly from the consumers most relevant to their brand. PowerPack joins a growing list of automated tools in Toluna’s Automated Insights suite.
Toluna’s Automated Insights suite expedites the time from ideation to understanding, with fully automated tools that enable users to test branding, product, and advertising concepts; gather insights on consumer attitudes and purchase behavior; and understand how consumers view their brand compared to competitors, all in real-time.
Effective packaging is an essential part of product marketing and sales. While general packaging trends can inform decisions, real-time insights from precise consumer segments are invaluable when determining the most effective packaging for a product both in function and aesthetics. Speed to market is critical for new package design testing, as these decisions widely impact subsequent processes, including marketing, shipping and storage.
PowerPack’s intuitive and automated survey creation process, coupled with its industry-proven methodology, empowers users to run package tests to understand the overall strengths and weaknesses of their package concepts ten times faster than traditional methods and at a fraction of the cost.
“In today’s hyper competitive marketplace, getting products to market is critical, but so is having those products in packages that grab attention and provide functional benefits to the end consumer,” said Phil Ahad, Senior Vice President, Digital Products. “We designed PowerPack to provide marketers with the easiest way to validate what their target consumers like or dislike about a packaging concept well before valuable resources are spent on production and the products land on the shelf.”
PowerPack provides unique benefits including:
• The study design is templated, but offers flexibility. This approach allows for both ease of use, data interpretation, and customization.
• Monadic package testing ensures that survey respondents provide un-biased feedback, as they’ve not been pre-exposed to prior concepts.
• Users can select the precise respondent profiles for testing packages; ensuring feedback is coming from consumers most likely to purchase the product.
• Timed exposure tests consumer recall and the package’s ability to ‘stand out’ on the shelf.
• Results are available in real-time and easily analyzed using Toluna’s data analysis and visualization platform. Further, results are provided in an easy-to-understand, interactive infoboard.