Join us next week at the Sustainable Packaging Summit for three discussions exploring critical issues in packaging sustainability.
We’re delighted to be joined by industry-leading experts from the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, TerraCycle, Mars, Procter & Gamble, Flexible Packaging Europe, and many more.
To watch all of the events live, simply click here to register for free.
To put these events in your calendar, click here.
PUMA – ending packaging as an environmental issue (workshop) - 2nd November 13:00 to 14:00 (CET)
The PUMA project, led by NVC Netherlands Packaging Centre in collaboration with stakeholders and academics around the world, has a simple and radical objective: to eliminate packaging as a sustainability issue. PUMA is a methodological toolkit and a manifesto setting out basic principles which we must embrace and enact if packaging is to retain its licence to operate.
- Michael Nieuwesteeg (Managing Director, NVC Netherlands Packaging Centre)
Exploring reusable packaging models - 3rd November 13:00 to 14:30 (CET)
While much of the focus of FMCG has been on ensuring packaging is recycled, there has been ever growing parallel interest in opportunities to eliminate single-use packaging altogether. In this session we will review the various models of reuse and refill, and discuss their potential and limits.
- Tom Szaky (CEO, TerraCycle)
- Annette Lendal (Project Manager, Ellen MacArthur Foundation)
- Gian De Belder (Technical Director, Packaging Sustainability, Procter & Gamble)
- Guido Aufdemkamp (Executive Director, Flexible Packaging Europe)
Bringing together design for recycling & end of life in flexible packaging - 5th November 12:00 to 13:30 (CET)
Building a circular economy in flexibles depends on coordinating the actions of an entire value chain around shared principles and strategies, requiring collaboration and compromise between stakeholders. In this session, we’ll be exploring the progress made and next challenges faced by European collaborative efforts around universal collection and recycling of flexible packaging.
- Niels van Marle (Circular Packaging Expert, KIDV)
- Feliks Bezati (Global Sustainable Packaging Manager, Mars)
- Liz Morrish (Workstream Consultant, CEFLEX)
- Monica Battistella (Product Manager and Sustainability Advisor, Taghleef Industries)
- Hery Henry (Head of Strategic Marketing and Corporate Social Responsibility, Wipak)