- How does the favourable environmental footprint of depolymerisation, dissolution and food contact mechanical recycling create further market pull for circular polystyrene?
- What is the impact of the Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) for converters, brand owners, retailers and customers?
- How do the results build on the confirmed food contact suitability of circular polystyrene?
- How does circular polystyrene and LCA results contribute to the EU 2025 recycling targets and climate-neutrality?
Styrenics Circular Solutions (SCS), the value chain initiative to increase the circularity of styrenic polymers, together with Packaging Europe, will address these issues in an online event at 10.00am CEST on Wednesday 30 June.
This moderated event with presentations, panel discussion and Q&A will feature the following topics:
- Welcome and introduction – Chrissi Schönfelder, Chair Advocacy and Communications, SCS
- Delivering on the unique circular value of polystyrene – Jens Kathmann, Secretary General, SCS
- Closed loop food contact recycling of polystyrene and feedstock preparation needs per recycling technology – Herman van Roost, General Manager Feedstock and Mechanical Recycling, SCS; Solenne Brouard Gaillot, CEO and Founder, Polystyvert; Dr. Chris Faulkner, Chief Technology Officer, Agilyx
- Results of the LCA for polystyrene food contact mechanical recycling, dissolution and depolymerisation – Dr. Thomas Neumeyer, Head of Division Polymers, Neue Materialien Bayreuth GmbH and Dr. Norbert Niessner, Director Global R&D and Intellectual Property, INEOS Styrolution and Chair Technologies, SCS
- Synergies between recycling technologies and implications for the value chain – Dr. Chris Faulkner, Solenne Brouard Gaillot, Herman van Roost, Dr. Norbert Niessner
- The converter and retailer perspective – Tobias Strasser, General Manager, Greiner Packaging and Matthew Robin, CEO, Groupe ELSA-MIFROMA
- Towards the 2025 EU recycling targets and climate neutrality – Werner Bosmans, Policy Officer – Circular Economy, European Commission – DG ENV B1 – Sustainable Production, Products and Consumption
- Q&A session
The event will be moderated by Chrissi Schönfelder, Chair Advocacy & Communications, SCS.
We invite you to submit your questions in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org